The objectives of the CPFA
Shall include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate the pleasures, benefits and rewards of raising pigeons as an individual or family hobby and to correct false impressions that pigeons carry communicable diseases to humans;
- Sponsor and promote pigeons shows across Canada for the purpose of bringing together exhibitors of all pigeons where they can compete with one another for honours and to enable the public to observe the progress made in the science of breeding pigeons, and particularly to hold, or to sponsor and promote, an annual Canadian National Pigeon Show;
- Compile, publish and distribute literature on pigeons, so that we may assist others in acquiring practical knowledge about raising these birds successfully;
- Issue seamless leg bands for all breeds and varieties of pigeons. These bands shall bear the initials “CPFA” and the year of issue.
- Establish a system of awards to recognize outstanding contributions by members and others to breeding, exhibiting, judging, and promotion of pigeons;
- Join or affiliate with, or to co-operate with, any other organization, association or club whose objectives are wholly or partially similar to or compatible with those of this association.